2021 marks a very important year for the priory here in Oxford, and also for the English Province. In 1221, our Holy Father St Dominic passed into his eternal reward, just after he had and the General Chapter had decided to send friars to England. The first friars arrived in Oxford on 15 August, 2021, opening their first priory on St Aldates. After our exile at the Reformation, the friars returned to Oxford in 1921, opening the current priory on St Giles, which over the following eight years was extended into the present priory. The priory also became a Permanent Private Hall of the University of Oxford in 1994, and so this year marks 25 years of our formal affiliation to the University of Oxford.
To celebrate these important moments in the life of our priory and province, we will be holding a number of events over the coming year, and so this webpage will be a way for you to see what events are coming up, and to look back over events which have already taken place.
We also include links to reflections on important Dominicans in our province written by student brothers, and more information about the history of our priory.
Do keep checking back for the latest news, or subscribe to our provincial newsletter.