Fire Safety Policy
All Hall Officers, tutors and students must familiarise themselves with the Fire Drill and the escape routes in Blackfriars Hall buildings. Copies of the Fire Drill and plans of the escape routes are displayed in the entrance hall of the Priory and of 33 St Giles.
Smoking, or the use of candles, fairy-lights, incense, joss sticks or naked flames in any area of Blackfriars Hall are strictly prohibited.
Any malfunctioning alarms and emergency lights or damage to fire equipment in the main building must be reported to the Hall bursary staff.
It is an offence to
- misuse a fire extinguisher, smoke detector, fire alarm, or other safety equipment;
- obstruct a fire escape;
- behave recklessly with respect to fire;
- prop open fire doors;
- obstruct corridors and fire exits;
- store flammable or explosive substances in any building used by the Hall;
- remove fire extinguishers from their brackets except in case of fire.