Paying Your Fees
Once you have been admitted on to one of our courses and completed the registration process, you will receive an invoice from Blackfriars confirming your fees, and the due date by which you need to make payment through one of the methods listed below. You will be asked to quote your invoice number so that the payment can be correctly allocated without delay.
If your fees are paid by a financial sponsor, please send their full details to Blackfriars’ Accounts and Accommodation team, so that the invoice can be issued directly to your sponsors.
PREFERRED PAYMENT METHOD: flywire
Blackfriars now accepts payment via Flywire, a third-party international money transfer platform with the aim of making payments easier for our students.
Flywire offers several facilities:
- Convenient payment options from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 150 currencies.
- Supports a variety of local payment methods including bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more.
- Provides real-time payment tracking through email, in-app and text alerts.
- 24×7 multilingual support via email, phone or live chat.
- Internal controls ensure that funds are secure and protected against fraud.
Payment by bank transfer
Once you have been accepted onto one of our programmes, you can find details of our bank account and where to send the remittance at the bottom of your fee invoice.
Please quote the invoice number when you make payment so that the cash can be allocated correctly.
Please note that bank transfers may take up to ten days to be reflected on your account, which is why we recommend that you use Flywire.