Lectures and Classes
Timetable for Hilary Term 2019
Lectures are held in the Aula at Blackfriars unless otherwise indicated.
|9:00||Virtues and Gifts||Rev Dr Richard Conrad OP|
|10:00||Anthropology and Sociology||Dr Neil Armstrong|
|11:00||Fundamental Theology II||Dr Timothy Kelly|
|12:00||Reformation Theologies||Rev Oliver Keenan OP|
|9:00||Beginners’ Greek||Rev Dr Richard Ounsworth OP|
|10:00||Greek Reading Class||Rev Dr Richard Ounsworth OP|
|11:00||Epistles of Paul||Rev Dr Richard Ounsworth OP|
|12:00||Apologetics||Rev Lawrence Lew OP|
|2:00 – 4:00||History of Platonism (weeks 5-8)||Dr Jonathan Price|
|9:00||Plato (weeks 1-4)||Mrs Alison Samuels|
|10:00||Theology of the Liturgy||Very Rev Dr Oswald McBride OSB|
|11:00||Plato (weeks 1-4)||Mrs Alison Samuels|
|12:00||Modern Church History||Right Rev Geoffrey Scott OSB|
|3:00||Hebrew Reading Class**||Mr Cyril Chilson|
|4:30 – 6:00||Aquinas Seminar (Weeks, 3,4,6,7,8.)||Rev Dr Richard Conrad OP|
|9.00||Beginners’ Greek||Rev Dr Richard Ounsworth OP|
|10:00||Epistles and Apocalypse||Rev Dr Richard Ounsworth OP|
|11:00||Moral Philosophy||Dr Jonathan Price|
|12:00||Grace||Very Rev Dr Simon Gaine OP|
|2:00||Beginners’ Latin 2||Rev Tamsin Geach OP|
|3:00||Intermediate Latin||Rev Tamsin Geach OP|
|4:30 – 6:00||Aquinas Seminar (Week1 and Week 5)||Rev Dr Richard Conrad et al.|
|9:00||Intermediate Latin||Rev Tamsin Geach OP|
|10:00||Philosophy of Politics||Mr Alexander Barker|
|11:00||Beginners’ Latin 2||Rev Tamsin Geach OP|
|12:00||Advanced Latin||Rev Tamsin Geach OP|
|12:00||Beginners Hebrew**||Mr Cyril Chilson|
|2:30 – 4:15||Pastoral Theology II* (weeks 2-5)||Rev Dr David Goodill OP et al.|
* This is a closed class not open to members of the public.
** These classes are held in the Front Seminar Room at Blackfriars.
† To request to attend the Aquinas Reading Class, email Rev Dr Peter Hunter OP. This class takes place in the Aquinas Seminar Room at 17 Beaumont St, or occasionally in the Aula.
Attendance by those who are not Blackfriars students
- Current members of Oxford University may usually attend lectures and classes without further registration or fees.
- Members of the public who wish to attend lectures or classes should download a Blackfriars Lecture Registration Form or collect one from the Porters’ Lodge), complete it and submit it at the Porters’ Lodge before the beginning of Term. They will be admitted only at the discretion of the Moderators and upon payment of the fee, which is £130 for a set of twice-weekly language classes, £65 for a set of weekly language classes, and £60 for each other set of lectures/classes. They may apply for a concession of 50% of this fee, or for the fee to be waived.
- Members of the public must not attend lectures or classes without permission and should agree in writing to the conditions under which they are allowed to attend.
- Members of the public should not use the JCR/MCR except as guests of a member of the JCR/MCR.